Professional Triathlete Chrissie Wellington’s tips on training the mind in addition to the body.
A lot of times I just blow past articles such as these, but this one really caught my attention because what she said made so much sense.
1. Repeat a Mantra
2. Keep a Bank of Positive Mental Images
3. Visualize finishing (and winning) the race before you begin
4. Break the race up into smaller, more manageable, segments
5. Training is about learning to hurt
6. Mentally Recall Inspirational People
- dedicate each mile to someone important in your life - makes dealing with the pain more manageable.
7. Race for a Cause Bigger than Yourself